Mr. Renal

Mr. Renal
WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!!!!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Somewhere in Paju


So three years after my kidney transplant and I find myself sitting on a 757 flying over the Pacific Ocean.  Fourteen hours later I emerged to find myself in a strange land.  How did I get there?  More importantly why was I there?  Well I'll explain, I moved from Los Angeles, California to Dallas, Georgia to gain a new start in life.  After five hard years on kidney dialysis my body, mind, and soul were tired and needed rejuvenation.  My mother told me that my body needed to rest after such a stressful ordeal, so I listened and moved away.  Things had changed, I no longer wanted to reside in the wide expanses of Georgia.  It's difficult to explain, I've always been this way.  Life was calling me to do something that made little sense to those except me. I wanted to be a teacher, at 39 years young.  Was this a mid-life crisis?  You better believe it.  How does one get the courage to say I am leaving everything that I have ever known behind to pursue something that may or may not work out?  I can't answer that question because the answer lies deep within the psyche, either you have the cojones (balls) or you don't.  More about my journey of self-discovery to come next week, until then take care of your selves.

2 comments:

  1. It takes a lot of courage to change your life by becoming a teacher at 39 but under the circumstances you've shown more courage than some people have ever shown throughout their entire lifetime. Its too bad that so much stress and hardship has to happen in order for us to have the opportunity and the push to do such incredible shifts of self.

    ReplyDelete